EMS Education for Veterans

We’re Vet friendly! Let us help you or a veteran you know transition successfully to a civilian career in Emergency Medical Services (EMS) as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic! Anyone who worked in the military has qualities we’re looking for ­—­ leadership skills, attention to detail, self-confidence, and the ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions.

If you have an EMS license from another state or are nationally registered, we’ll guide you through the steps to become licensed to work in MI.

TEMS team at back of ambulance

If you want to become an EMT or Paramedic, you can enroll at HVA EMS Education in Ann Arbor. We accept the GI Bill for classroom courses only. Check on your GI Bill benefits here. Check what training is covered by the GI Bill here.

We also invite you to apply to work in our non-emergency mobility transportation division while you go to school. Once you finish EMT school, you can apply to work as an EMT at HVA. As long as you remain employed, we will pay for your tuition if you wish to become a paramedic. Click here for more info on employment.

Photo above right: If you work as an HVA Paramedic, you have the option of joining the Tactical EMS Team, one of HVA's special teams who serve locally and regionally.

Questions? Please contact our Veteran Liaison Andy Lamoreaux, US Army veteran and Senior Paramedic: 

Andy Lamoreaux in Army uniform     Andy Lamoreaux in paramedic uniform

Click here for more info on EMS Education and employment for Vets!


Call: 734-477-6331

Email: kcollins@emergenthealth.org or emseducation@emergenthealth.org