*** Camp 9-1-1 is postponed until further notice ***
Due to COVID-19, we are postponing our camps for the summer indefinitely. If anything changes, we will post new information on our site. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
About Camp 9-1-1
Emergent Health Partners' Camp 9-1-1 is a free, two day, first aid and safety camp for kids ages 8 - 12 run by EMTs and Paramedics from your local ambulance service.
- Each camp is two days long, running from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Camps are held at locations throughout our service area.
- Campers who have not attended in the past, and live within our service area are given preference for camp spots. Not sure if you live in our service area? Send us an email - email@example.com.
What do Campers learn?
The goal of Camp 9-1-1 is that participants feel more knowledgeable and prepared to respond to common emergencies. We believe that even children can save a life and that starting First Aid training in childhood leads to a more prepared community. To meet this goal, campers will be offered training in:
- Hands-Only CPR and AED use
- Basic first aid skills, including how to stop a bleed
- How to make a first aid kit
- Choking response, including abdominal thrusts (Heimlich maneuver)
- Basic water and bike safety
- Public safety in your community - including EMS, fire, police, and specialty teams
If my child has attended Camp 9-1-1 in the past, can they attend again?
In order to give as many children as possible access to this camp, priority is given to new campers. If your child has attended in the past they will be placed on a waitlist and given a spot based on availability.
When will I be notified if my child got a waitlist spot?
Can siblings under 8 attend camp too?
Camp 9-1-1 is limited to children ages 8 - 12. The material and daily structure is most appropriate for children in this age range.
Can you accommodate children with special needs or allergies?
Yes! We are able to make accommodations for many children with special needs and allergies. We want to make sure we offer your child a high-quality camp experience, please reach out to us to make sure we can safely meet your child's needs. >> link words "reach out to us" to contact information in Do you have more questions section
Do you have more questions about Camp 9-1-1?
Contact Camp Coordinator Nicole Balensiefer
734-477-6218 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Camp 9-1-1
Nicole Balensiefer, EMT, Camp 9-1-1 Coordinator
camp 9-1-1 is a free program put on by your local ambulance service