Applications are due by March 24th!
The Center for EMS Education has been training Michigan’s EMS providers for over 35 years.
Our program is designed to give you hands-on experience in emergency medicine and to prepare you for state and national certification exams.
Get in Touch
Certification Courses for the General Public
Certification Courses for Medical Professionals
As the Education Center for Michigan’s largest EMS provider, we are driven to see our students succeed and develop into strong medical professionals. We employ over 70% of our program graduates, the quality of our EMS force is dependent on the quality of training they receive as students.
Hands-On Teaching Practices
We strive to stay up-to-date in our teaching practices and meet student needs in a variety of ways. We accomplish this through:
- Modern teaching tools, including an EMS driving simulator, interactive simulated scene response training, and a SimMan patient simulator.
- Varied class options, including fully online lectures with in-person labs, satellite learning lab sessions, traditional classroom learning, and daytime/evening class and lab options.
what sets us apart
We are Michigan’s leader in EMS Education. We hold our students to high standards that prepare them for academic success and allow them to serve as skilled and competent medical providers in the field. Our program offers:
- Instructors with years of experience working as EMS providers
- Curriculum based on state and national standards and industry best practices
- Hands-on guidance for clinical skills including in-depth lab sessions and support from licensed lab assistants
- Field clinicals in healthcare settings and an ambulance with experienced EMS providers
- One-on-one tutoring and support when needed
- Education Coordinators and Lab Assistants split their time between the classroom and working in the ambulance, keeping them up-to-date on real-world practices
train with the best
EMS EDUCATION COURSE SCHEDULE
Registration for Spring 2023 classes opens March 27th!
Scroll down to view our monthly schedule of continuing education courses in the course schedule calendar.
May 1, 2023 – August 21, 2023
Blended course | Online instruction, in-person labs
This is a traditional in-person EMT program. Coursework is online with in-person labs.
Lab sessions will either meet once a week on Thursdays from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm or twice a week on either M/W or T/Th from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
Students choose to attend labs at the Ann Arbor or Jackson campus. All lab sessions are mandatory.
Tuition is $1,700 + the cost of books and uniforms. Tuition is due in full at registration.
May 15, 2023 – August 3, 2023
Blended course | Online instruction, in-person labs | Apply here.
This is a 12-week paid EMT Academy with a two-year full-time work commitment after course completion.
Coursework is a mixure of online and in-person. Labs are in-person. The class meets four days a weeks, six hours a day.
The cost of tuition, books, uniforms, supplies, and testing are all included in this course.
May 8, 2023 – August 14, 2023
Fully online course
This course is a prerequisite for the paramedic program and it is strongly encouraged as a co-requisite for EMT students.
Tuition is $900 + the cost of the book and lab manual. Tuition is due in full at registration.
COURSE SCHEDULE CALENDAR
Use the arrows to toggle through the calendar and see our full course offerings.